Coaches: Be sure to check out the "Coach Updates" content on left for important updates!
August 29, update:
Process for Cancelling/Rescheduling a Game
1. Contact me at email@example.com and Dennis Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the date of the game that you have to cancel. Request the other coaches contact information from me in your email and include the game date and team name/numbers.
2. CONTACT THE OTHER COACH AND LET THEM KNOW THAT THE GAME HAS TO BE CANCELLED!!
3. Work with the other coach to reschedule the game. The best time/day to reschedule the game is one teams practice time/field (Examples: U12’s at PV, U10’s at Silverado, U8’s at Northwood). Rescheduled games are usually played Saturday afternoon or midweek but they can be played any time there is an open field with the correct size goals and dimensions. If you share a practice field with another team, approach the other coach about being able to use all the field to play your makeup game. COACHES: work with each other to make makeup games happen.
4. Once you and the other coach have agreed to a field/time contact the referee coordinator again and get a referee scheduled for your makeup game. This could take a week so it is important that you give Dennis some time.
1. FTP Practice Plans: On the website
2. Challenger Website: Free Promo Code “JKCA”
3. NSCAA Coaching Booklet: On the website
4. Massachusetts Youth Soccer Website Practice Plans:
Game Rules/Game Day Etiquette
1. The first team listed on the schedule is the home team. The home team shall where white.
2. Each player shall play a minimum of 50% of the game.
3. If no referee shows up for your game, unless otherwise agreed to by the coaches, one coach shall referee one half of the game and the other coach shall referee the other half of the game.
4. A coach shall not enter the field of play except prior to the start of the game, at half time, or at the end of the game or to aid an injured player from either team (after receiving the referee's permission) or whenever beckoned onto the field by the referee.
5. In U10 and Older: Coaches and players must stay within ten yards of either side of the halfway line. Coaching outside of this area is prohibited. Coaches and spectators must be on opposite sides of the field (see the seating diagram at the bottom of the NYSL Home Page).
6. Substitutes must enter and exit from the touchlines at the halfway line of the field AFTER the referee acknowledges and grants that the substitution can be made. Unlimited substitutions may be made.
7. Remember to keep your parents under control during the games.
August 20, update:
Many of you) have requested the CHALLENGER practice session outlines. Here are three sessions; some split by age: (some of the files had to be low definition for website memory issues; hopefully they are clear enough)
August 9, 2013 Update:
Hello 2013 Soccer Coaches,
First off, thank you for signing up to coach for the 2013 NYSL Fall Soccer Season. We are on track to have a great season and here are some important announcements to start things off:
Coach Registration: If you haven't already registered as a coach this year, please take a few minutes right away and register for the Fall 2013 season. All coaches (new and returning) have to register this year.
Late Packet/Equipment Pickup: There will be a packet/ball/practice field/all other stuff pickup party at Pueblo Vista Field on Monday at 5:30. Please send me an email if you need to attend and for what reason (need balls, need coach manual, other). If you need a couple of soccer balls just show up.
Live Scan: If you haven't already completed your Livescan, there will be 2 more Livescan sessions offered by NYSL. The first is tomorrow night at Vintage High for Club coaches but rec coaches are welcome to attend. Livescan will be happening from 5:30 to 7:00 in Room SS-1 of the Social Studies Building. I am being told that this room is on the left just as you are going into the Little Theater. The second Livescan will be offered at the next coaches meeting (see below).
Coach Meeting: The second Coach Meeting is on Thursday August 29th (note the date change, the schedule in the coach manual is for a different date) at the Napa High Little Theater (same room as the first coach meetings) from 6-8. Schedules will be handed out at this meeting.
2013 Fall Coach and Team Training Program: Attached is a weekend schedule for the FTP. This will get posted to the NYSL website later this week. The midweek team trainings start on Monday at Pueblo Vista and I will scan/send out the signup sheets to all coaches tomorrow. Don’t forget to turn in your signed copies of the 1601 forms at the team trainings next week.
Jamborees for U10 and U12:
Next Saturday 8/17 are the U10 and U12 jamborees. U10’s will play at Silverado and U12’s will play at one of the 3 U12 fields (Bel Aire, Pueblo Vista or West Park). These are FUN tournaments to get the kids thinking about the season and playing games. Each team will play 2 games and there will be referees but no scores will be taken. The jamborees will start at 9:00 and games will go continuously until all teams have played 2 games. Games will be scheduled to minimize the amount of time between games to the best of our ability. Teams have to RSVP “IN” or “OUT” as soon as possible so the schedules can be made. The sooner we know how many teams are playing, the sooner we can distribute the schedules to coaches. U10 teams RSVP to Mike Berger at email@example.com
and U12 teams RSVP to Frank Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, this is meant to be a fun day for the kids
and a chance to get our players and referees out on the field to break off the rust.
Coach Manuals: Oops, some different age group practice plans were put into the wrong manuals. If you would like to get the correct manual, this will be placed on the website very soon. All codes of conduct will also be placed on the website and will also be emailed out to the parents of the league.
Uniforms: See the NYSL website for details.
Keep your eyes on the website for more information and important announcements, NYSL.org. There will be some updates and modifications to information currently on the site and we are trying to get the site up to date asap.
Thanks again and see you at the 8/29 meeting,
NYSL Coach Coordinator
All scores will be submitted by the referree via the game card. Please make sure to double check the score with the referee before you leave the field.